Topics

05.13 News You Can Use & CPC Updates


Jory Burson
 

 
 
 
 
 
News You Can Use
 


 


📆 Upcoming Events & Meeting Reminders

NEXT MARKETING COMMITTEE: Tuesday, May 19 @ 3:30 PM UTC

NEXT CPC MEETING: Tuesday, May 19 @ 4:00 PM UTC

NEXT COLLAB SUMMIT PLANNING MEETING: Tuesday, May 19 @ 5:00 PM UTC

NEXT STANDARDS WG MEETING: Tuesday, May 19 @ 6:00 PM UTC

OPEN OFFICE HOURS: Thursday, May 21 @ 5:00 PM UTC

PUBLIC BOARD MEETING: Friday, May 22 @ 6:00 PM UTC

Subscribe to our public calendar

📰 Announcements & FYIs

Congrats, ESLint Team!!! In case you missed it Friday, ESLint released lucky version 7.0 - congrats to Nicholas and Kai, and all the contributors who helped make it happen. Read more about the new version, and say congrats on slack or twitter!

🎟 Register now for OpenJS World and Collab Summit We've already had 100s of registrants from all over the world - and we want you to be among them! We have a whole week of high-quality content and fun activities - check the schedule and signup! #tellyourfriends

📣 Call for Collab Summit Proposals As you have read in my past emails, we are organizing several tracks for Collab Summit, and we're holding it 100% online. That means we need to get all the content we want to work on in early. To submit a proposal, head over to the /summit repo and open an issue using the template. This will ask you for all the info we need in order to schedule your session. The planning team will then get to work putting it on the event schedule for a time that works for your collaborators.

Thank You, new Voting CPC Members! The Regular members concluded an election to appoint two regular members to the voting CPC membership. Eemeli Aro of messageformat and Michael Dawson from Node will be the voting members elected from regular members for the 2020-21 term. Thanks to all who nominated!


🗒 Meeting Notes & Recaps

CPC MEETING RECAP
Meeting Notes | Recording | GH issue

  • We held a regular CPC meeting this week, going through the issues that have been tagged for the CPC agenda.
  • We started with issue #541, Adding Code of Conduct WG charter. We have made significant progress on this thanks to the working sessions over the past two weeks. Members are asked to review and approve so that this can land.
  • On issue #531, Updating requirements to become a regular member, the issue has been open for some time and comments have been resolved. Michael will now ask the board to initiate a vote.
  • Issue #504, Voting members chosen by Regular members, the issue was closed as the election has concluded. Eemeli Aro and Michael Dawson were voted in.
  • Issues #503, How do we keep Code of Conduct up to date without upstreaming our modifications to it, and #469, Populate the Code Of Conduct Panel, were both transferred to the newly created Code of Conduct repo and removed from the agenda label. These issues will move forward under the CoC Working Group.
  • Issue #474, OpenJS Collaboration Network is going to split out into two separate PRs. One PR will address the charter changes that would be required (and would then require board approval). The other PR will land the proposal as Stage 0.
  • Issue #438, 2nd Director seat- post July 2020, was discussed but did not reach resolution. At issue is how to allocate the second board seat, which has been held by the Node project for the first year. Members are encouraged to weigh in on the issue. The topic will also take up significant discussion time on next week's agenda.
  • Issue #414 Add Foundation-wide copyright guidance, did not recieve an update.
  • Issue #326 Responsible security disclosures did not get an update this week.
  • The CPC will hold another working session next meeting, focusing on the Board seat question and Code of Conduct WG items.
  • We concluded approximately 15 minutes early for a private session to discuss a new application.
 
 
         
 
🔗 Handy-Dandy Links
 
twitter @openjsf
github github.com/openjs-foundation
youtube OpenJSF YouTube Channel
 
 
 



--
Create and share beautiful email templates
x
REMOVE