Topics

04.29 News You Can Use & CPC Updates


Jory Burson
 

 
 
 
 
 
News You Can Use
 
 

Good News Everyone - this email is short 😂


📆 Upcoming Events & Meeting Reminders

NEXT CPC MEETING: Tuesday, May 5 @ 4:00 PM UTC

NEXT COLLAB SUMMIT PLANNING MEETING: Tuesday, May 5 @ 5:00 PM UTC

NEXT STANDARDS WG MEETING: Tuesday, May 5 @ 5:00 PM UTC

OPEN OFFICE HOURS: Thursday, May 7 @ 5:00 PM UTC

Subscribe to our public calendar

📰 Announcements & FYIs

🎉 OpenJS World is now a free, online event! After weeks of promising updates, we're excited to announce the full schedule of speakers AND share that the event will be held virtually AND share that it's all FREE. Check out our blog post as well as the event page for more information - and of course register now!

📣 Collab Summit News & Proposals: The Collab Summit will also be an online-only experience, and we've expanded the programmed content to three days. We're looking for sessions for New Contributors, Project sessions, and cross-project content. Propose your session on the /summit repo or follow along there and in the Slack channel for the latest news.

📺 Catch our next AMA with Node-RED! Join us Wednesday, May 6 for the next AMA series with Node-RED. Use this form to ask a question, and then tune in on YouTube Wednesday at 16:00 UTC!


🗒 Meeting Notes & Recaps

CPC MEETING RECAP
Meeting Notes | Recording | GH issue

  • This meeting was a bit different than usual. Rather than go through the list of open issues, the CPC took today's call to focus on one high-priority area that needed more focus: Code of Conduct related issues.
  • Jory shared a slide deck she made to help organize her own understanding of the problem space.
  • The group discussed a few issues brought up during the conversation including providing CoC onboarding materials, CoC implementation best practices, and others. It also discussed ways in which the open CoC issues are blocking other projects.
  • The CPC agreed that a Code of Conduct Working Group should be created and prioritized. Several action items were taken:
    • We will create a repo for the Code of Conduct Working Group here.
    • We will work on a draft Charter for this group here.
    • We will begin to move CoC issues to this repo and organize the work in that space.
    • We will create a Code of Conduct Working Group channel in Slack
  • The group hopes to make significant progress this week and to be able to finish the draft charter at next week's CPC meeting.
  • The current plan is to do 1-2 more working sessions on this topic and return to a 'Stand' style meeting in a couple of weeks, alternating between working meetings and stand meetings.
 
 
         
 
🔗 Handy-Dandy Links
 
twitter @openjsf
github github.com/openjs-foundation
youtube OpenJSF YouTube Channel
 
 
 




--
Create and share beautiful email templates
x
REMOVE