Topics

02.05 News You Can Use & CPC Updates


Jory Burson
 

 
 
 
 
 
News You Can Use
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

📆 Upcoming Events & Meeting Reminders

NEXT CPC MEETING: Tuesday, February 11th @ 5:00 PM UTC

NEXT COLLAB SUMMIT PLANNING MEETING: Tuesday, February 11th @ 6:00 PM UTC

NEXT STANDARDS WG MEETING: Tuesday, February 11th @ 7:00 PM UTC

Subscribe to our public calendar

📰 Announcements & FYIs

OpenJS World FYIs. In case you missed it last week, the conference formerly known as Node + JS Interactive has been renamed to reflect the global reach of our 30+ projects. As a reminder, the event is June 23-24th in Austin, Texas, and the CFP is open through Feb. 21. Event registration is set to open in the next 2 weeks, and we're actively planning the follow-on collab summit immediately following the event.


Speaking of the Collab Summit - want to help plan? We're meeting bi-weekly with Foundation and LF events staff to plan the next Collab Summit, tentatively scheduled for June 25-26 pending venue confirmation. We're also interested to hear your Collab Summit Montreal feedback and hope you'll share that on the /summit repo, in #collabsummit on Slack, or by following up with me directly. The next planning meeting is Feb. 11, immediately following the CPC meeting. Event details can be found on our public calendar.


jQuery AMA, ICYMI - In case you missed this morning's AMA with jQuery Core Lead Timmy Willison and Dave Methvin, check it out here and let Rachel Romoff or I know if you want to see your project featured in an AMA. Our next session will be next month and star the webhint team - submit your questions for webhint here, and tune in March 4th!


🗒 Meeting Notes & Recaps

CPC MEETING RECAP
Meeting Notes | Recording | GH issue

  • We started with #445, Meta: Where shall certain resources live? Jory had opened a PR to add a new directory to address this. It has had several +1s and we will likely merge it before the next meeting.
  • On issue #432, Start a Code of Conduct Team, the group agreed that ad hoc meeting of those who stated their interest would really be necessary to unblock this issue. Specifically, the task will be to determine the viability of #379, catogorize the loose threads, and pull in project stakeholders. Jory to the action item to get this meeting scheduled.
  • Tobie Langel and Brian Warner gave an update to #414, Add Foundation-wide copyright guidance. They have been working on a bulleted list of things to do and the long-form paragraphs are guidance for the projects in case they need to do it. The goal of the document is to answer the FAQ implementation questions about a given policy. Additional questions should be added to the issue.
  • On issue #386, Tobie has a few polish-ups and Joe and Jory added voting CPC members as reviewers so that we can get the required number of voting CPC reps to +1.
  • On #379, move COC proposal to stage 3, remains blocked pending the actions of the ad hoc group in #432.
  • #326, Responsible security disclosures, did not get a meaningful update this week as Michael Dawson is away. However Jory pointed the group to https://github.com/nodejs/security-wg as a place where the security group is looking to gather more participation from other (non-Node) OpenJSF projects.
  • On #185, Add admin policy docs, Ben updated that he will be giving it a few more revisions before submitting it for review. Everyone is encouraged to review these closely for internal consistency as these are being ported over from the Node organization and will need to catch outdated references and so forth.
  • We closed #96, draft proposal: language for project exit clause, because a previous PR that was merged in had addressed it (#313).
  • There was no update for #90, Project Directed Funding, as the issue is with the board for discussion.
  • We then moved on to discuss issues from other repos. From the standards repo #58, Chartering the standards team, Eemeli and Jory reported on the planned tasks the group is taking to officially charter this group. Eemeli reiterated that we are remaining aware that this is the first WG of this kind for the foundation, and we’ll be setting a precedent for future working groups of this type.
  • Also from the standards repo, #43, Joining the Unicode Consortium, Eemeli explained the connection between his work on messageformat and the Unicode Consortium. Eemeli would like us to join as an affiliate member (this is a free membership) to secure his ability to continue. The group +1'd the request, assuming there are no risks or costs to join. The next step is to bring the request to the board, and Kris Borchers volunteered to do so.
 
 
         
 
🔗 Handy-Dandy Links
 
twitter @openjsf
github github.com/openjs-foundation
youtube OpenJSF YouTube Channel