This group is locked. No changes can be made to the group while it is locked.
- OpenJSF CPC / AMP Infra WG meeting during Collab Summit
Re: OpenJSF CPC / AMP Infra WG meeting during Collab Summit
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
Thanks for raising those questions again here, Greg.
To clarify, the goal of the effort leading to graduation is scoped to building a collective agreement on how to answer those questions and document it.
It's clear for the CPC that the actual implementation is going to take longer.
My understanding from chatting with Tierney during the AMP Contributor Summit is that:
- It would be ideal if the runtime was served from a Foundation-owned domain.
- The foundation doesn't have the resources to fund nor manage the infrastructure necessary to serve the runtime, so it's great if Google continues supporting this.
- It is absolutely OK if Google uses its own infrastructure to serve the runtime.
- It is important to have a plan in place to continue to serve the runtime should Google no longer want to continue to host it (e.g. have the server be open source).
Tierney (others on the CPC), please feel free to correct the above.
Folks on the Google infra/cache side, does this look reasonable? Are there caveats with this?
There are a handful of questions on that thread that would be useful to me to have answered. I don't think we can make progress until then. I'll repeat them here for clarity:
What domain name will we serve the runtime from?
What infrastructure will serve the content on that domain name?
- Is Google infrastructure acceptable for the initial rollout?
- If not, who will manage the serving infrastructure, and what CDN will be used?
On Fri, Dec 6, 2019 at 11:56 AM Raghu Simha <rsimha@...
Thanks for kicking this off, Tobie.
Let me know what you think.
On Tue, Dec 3, 2019 at 7:25 PM Tobie Langel <tobie@...
AMP's Infra WG will be in Montreal for the Collab Summit next week.
This feels like a great opportunity to meet in person and make progress on the open issues around AMPs infrastructure:
Jory volunteered to help schedule a session/meeting to make this happen. This email is to get this started.
Looking forward to catching up with you all.
Join email@example.com to automatically receive all group messages.